16 Jul 2016

NATIONAL GEORDIE DAY.

Its the 16th of July, which can only mean one thing.

  • Yes, its the 197th day (the 198th day this being a leap year) according to the Gregorian calendar
  • Yes, all of these historical events happened July 16th
  • Yes, its only four days to Mr T's birthday
.... but that's not it. 

Today is ....

< NATIONAL GEORDIE DAY >

And to celebrate I'm not only going to be sharing these photographs of Newcastle at night but also the below photographs as snapped by Mr T.



< Approaching Mr T's work place >
 - November 2015



< Jesmond Dene >
- NewYear's Day, 2016


< St Mary's Chapel, Jesmond Dene >
- New Year's Day, 2016


< Newcastle Quayside (top), The Barrage as the Ouseburn meets the Tyne (bottom left), Where the Ouseburn meets the Tyne (bottom right) > 
- New Year's Day, 2016.

An finally, hows this fre a geordie accent?

Ah divvent knaa weor they foond this actor but he's why-aye ne Geordie.

Which according to this English To Geordie Translator translates as ...

And finally, how is this for a Geordie accent?

I don't know where they found this actor but he's certainly no Geordie.




11 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha! Well I guess we're all particular when it comes to our accents and actors trying to imitate them. I still thought it was a funny clip.

So nice to see photos on your blog today, giving us a glimpse into your world! They're lovely. :)

Karen said...

Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing.

Karen @For What It's Worth

Brian Joseph said...

Happy Geordie Day.

Those are some great pictures. The Newcastle area looks so nice.

Happy early birthday to Mr.T.

Gina said...

Happiest of Geordie Day's to you friend! Thanks for the lovely share...Newcastle certainly has curb appeal. ☺

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Tracy,

Having just spent a day working with a Durham lassie, I'm all accented out. I have known her for 13 years, but even now she will come out with the odd word or phrase that I can't understand or interpret, no matter how I try. I think a lot of it is the speed which she still talks at, even though she has lived down in this part of the country for over 20 years!

The amount of colleagues and customers who refer to her as 'Geordie' is unbelievable and it drives her mad, as she maintains that the two accents are nothing alike? Consequently, she doesn't think much of Newcastle - Sunderland or Hartlepool are about as much as she can take!

Yours is not a part of the country I have ever visited, we did venture up into Scotland once and came back via The Lake District, but that's about it. We keep promising ourselves a longer trip, but I have no idea when that's likely to happen, so thanks for the lovely photos as a snapshot of your world.

Enjoy your special day and a Very Happy Birthday to Mr. T

'Hev a canny day' :)

Yvonne

LL Cool Joe said...

Happy Geordie day to you! Love the photos.

My brother lives in Barnsley, and although he was born in the South he's always shocked by how Southern my voice sounds. My younger daughter has adopted a really South London accent, and I have problems understanding it sometimes. It's not an accent I like I have to say.

I'm useless at guessing where someone lives in the Uk based on their accent. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between a Scottish and Irish one! :D

So many books, so little time said...

Lovely photos, I love the skyline!

Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

Trac~ said...

Hello my friend! It's been forever since I've talked to you - but I wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm trying to get back to blogging and hope to do so very soon, now that things are finally starting to slow down. Hope all is well your way! :)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Happy belated Geordie day! :) Well, even if this actor didn't do it justice, it was still humorous. :) Love the pics!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as National Geordie Day! I haven't been to Newcastle in years... I really must make another trip up there some day :)

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Ha, the clip was funny. Happy belated Geordie day!!