Let's hear it for the ...
- Hirsuite man who, having sculpted his somewhat hairy back into various designs, has created a 2016 calendar.
- Half million people who tuned into Drummond Puddle Watch to watch Newcastle (my home for those who don't know) residents trying to cross a giant puddle.
- Entrepreneurial fans who have decided to cash in on the above Drummond Puddle's unlikely stardom by selling a bottle of the murky water on eBay. The highest bid (as of Thursday the 7th of January) at more than £60,000 ($ 87,394.88).
- Having been stacked at an awkward angle on the supermarket shelves, the crisps that appear to have a rude name.
- Football supporter who named his daughter Lanesra, only for two years later his wife to discover it was the name of his favourite team (Arsenal) spelt backwards.
- Mathematicians from Liverpool university who reveal the perfect way to slice a pizza using the 'monohedral disc tiling' method.