28 Jan 2013

THANK GOODNESS ITS NOT 3.30 ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

  • Important Information: Knowing that a few of you only drop by on a Monday can I urge that you read and hopefully re-post THIS .
  • RE: Last week's 'Smiley Sheep' story ....... Was it a new farmyard fashion trend? How about aliens? Or even supernatural goings-on? No, all a  big publicity stunt, the sheepish grins were made by farmers to help (theme park) Alton Towers reveal the name of its new giant £18million ride - The Smiler - opening this spring. MORE
  • What a load of '*!&#' .....  A piece of music composed by waiting for bird droppings to fall onto giant sheets of manuscript paper has received its premier as artist Kerry Morrison laid manuscript sheets on the ground in Liverpool parks and let birds deposit their droppings whilst composer Jon Hering  transformed the bum notes into a full musical score. MORE
  • To think someone actually gets paid for this 'research'. Carried out by skin care company. St Tropez, research shows that women look their oldest at 3.30 on A Wednesday afternoon. MORE 
  • Granny, a thug? Elderly residents hoping to raise some money by holding a dance to help save their community centre were left stunned when 'elf and safety' officials ruled that security guards were needed ..... to ensure trouble did not break out. MORE
  • And talking of grannies ...... The smiling face of Nora Sly will be seen in her village of Cowley long after she has gone as fellow villagers voted that the face of the 89 year old been immortalised as a gargoyle on the church she has attended all her life. MORE (Photograph courtesy of FB. A photograph of Nora herself can be seen by clicking on 'MORE')
  • Ouch, Talk about shell-shocked! Rosie the hen surprised her owner, Sean Wilson of Waterlooville, by laying a huge egg weighing six and a quarter ounces (181g) but when it emerged there was another egg within that one he was doubly shocked. MORE
  • Not to be missed, my favourite 'feel good' video of the week ....... Impersonator Darren 'Graceland' Jones sings In The Depot about the trials and tribulations of clearing the roads in Torfaen, South Wales, to the tune of Elvis Presley's 1969 In The Ghetto. MORE


  • And last but not least ....... the news from Down Under. A flower-eating goat named Gary has been cleared of vandalism after an Australian judge dismissed the case ruling that neither Gary (and this is what made me really laugh) who had his own lawyer, nor his owner could be held accountable for the crime. MORE

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Geez...now I'm gonna have to go take a look in the mirror this afternoon to see if I look old(er)!

Patti said...

Now I'm going to be completely paranoid on Wednesdays. Luckily I'm at work on Wednesdays at 3:30, and I don't really care what I look like at work.

Suko said...

Great Monday post, Tracy! Gary is adorable! I will try to remember to have a nice sit down lunch on Wednesdays, and to keep an eye out for ElvI in the ghetto.

Love your sense of humour!

Jenners said...

I shall attempt to stay inside and wear a mask on Wednesday afternoons from now on...

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Okay, I think the bird dropping music has to be the winner for me. LOL

Alexia561 said...

Great post! The bird dropping musical score is too funny! And I need to mark my calendar to remind myself not to go outside Wednesday afternoons! *L*

Blond Duck said...

I love that video!

And thanks for your link to the copyright info..... I REALLY need to do something about it, esp as I post more paintings/ stories.

Yanting Gueh said...

A bird poop music sheet is just plain weird for me. And there's something about the Granny gargoyle that is rather attractive ... (Tweeting this post, of course!)

Stephanie@Fairday's Blog said...

A goat with a lawyer? Wow! I also found the granny gargoyle to be fascinating. Thanks for making my day brighter. :)

Gina said...

Wow just wow... Will wonders never cease. *shakes head*

Betty Manousos said...

i second kelly's comment.
...i took a look in the mirror and yes, i did look older! haha

xx