11 Dec 2011

MR AND MRS R AND THE CHRISTMAS CARD LIST.

Shall I cross them off?
It's twenty years since we last met.
Of course Mr R and I once thought
we were made for each other –

Ah, that heart-stopping moment
by the kitchen sink, when he took off
his spectacles and fiercely kissed me.
But all that lasted less than a week

And what I recall more vividly
Is Mrs R's good advice:
Always plunge your lemons in hot water
before you squeeze them.

One more year perhaps.

- Connie Bensley.
The Twelve Poems of Christmas, Volume Two.

11 comments:

Full-On-Forward said...

You're such a CARD! ar ar!

All the Best Tracy,

J

Suko said...

Wonderful! And I will remember that lemon tip.

anilkurup59 said...

Yes me too, the lemon advise is well taken. but guess a bit late now to redo romance. Have great Xmas.

Kelly said...

What a delightful little poem!

Interesting lemon tip, too.

Monalisa said...

Very good advice indeed !

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Never too late to redo romance Anilkurup.

NRIGirl said...

The poem sure brought a smile to my face.

No, please don't skip another year! :)

Betty Manousos said...

what an adorable little poem!
thanks for sharing:)

xx

Jenners said...

Oh I just loved this … and find myself having similar conversations regarding some people on my list this year!

Mamakucingbooks said...

ahem ahem...sorry am a bit slow to catch on...what's with the lemon?

Felicity Grace Terry said...

i must admit I wasn't too sure about the whole lemon thing, it sounded a bit rude to my mind.