You know I feel so very honoured to receive any award, so was doubly (No, triply) honoured, if not a little surprised, to receive another three awards. Why surprised? Well, one of my reasons for not blogging was 'who'd want to read what I have to say? ..... and a year on I'm still surprised that people do.
Anyway, enough of my witterings and thanks to Melissa over at MY WORLD .... IN WORDS AND PAGES for the (panda) Super Comments Award, The Little Flower at A PRESENT 4 EVERYONE for the Oh My Blog! Award and Chris and Jess at PARK BENCHES & BOOKENDS for The Prolific Blogger Award which I also received from Sherrie earlier this month so please excuse me for not passing it on again.
There is no mention of 'rules' with the Super Comments (Panda) Award which goes to "These bloggers leave awesome comments – they make you laugh, think, and offer encouragement and support. In other words, they’re freaking awesome" but I thought I'd follow Melissa's example and offer it to some of my followers/visitors who offer much support and leave a comment most days, come rain or shine.
* ANGEL at Kissed by An Angel
* ODDYODDYO 13 at Dani's Letters
Which brings me to my 'tagging' in which ODDY (may I call you Oddy?) asks me to tell her 7 things she didn't know about me.
(1) I've always wanted a middle name. (Any suggestions?)
(2) My favourite song at the moment is Billy Joel's Always A Woman To Me (Click HERE to listen.)
(3) I'd love to run amok in a supermarket, using my trolley to play skittles, knocking over those 'pyramids' of tins that seem to litter the aisles.
(4) Likewise, I'd love to run up and down the aisles, opening boxes of breakfast cereal and throwing it like confetti.
(5) Even at my age, I still get confused when the time comes for the clocks to go back/forward.
(6) Our dog, Peg (sadly no longer with us), broke my nose, jumping up to catch her ball.
(7) I'm a multi-millionaire (on FarmVille that is).
"1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" post.
(d) Make your next blog a 'vlog'/video blog. Basically, you're talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc)and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don't forget to tell them."
Well! As I don't drink that's (a) out for a start. A 'vlog'? Far too technical. A picture taken first thing in the morning? I don't think so. Which leaves either my most embarrassing moment (which one though?) OR the soundtrack of my childhood which I seem to remember sort of covering in my BOGART AWARD POST (My grandad, Pretty Little Angel Eyes, Showaddywaddy?) SOOOOO I guess that leaves me with (one of) my most embarrassing moments.
Ok, most of you know I love hedgehogs so I thought I'd tell an embarrassing moment involving one.
Picture the scene - I arrive at my parents home, it's a red hot day (well, red hot for the North East Of England that is) so they are sitting in the back garden watching a hedgehog who has been lying there for quite a while.
Being a nocturnal animal (the hedgehog and not me) and having been baking in the sun for some time, I start to worry and decide to call the PDSA for advice which is we are to take into one of their clinics asap.
Gloves found and put on, we gently lift the hedgehog and put it into a box before driving off to the nearest clinic which we find to be full of the usual cats and dogs plus a guinea pig and a (what?) rabbit on a lead.
Anyway, we take a ticket and wait ..... and wait ....... and wait until ........
Our number is called, where upon approaching the desk I'm asked "Name?"
"Sorry, we've only just found him and I haven't had time to think of a name yet." I reply.
To which, shaking her head and looking at me in despair, the receptionist says "Not the animals name, I need YOUR name."
Embarrassing enough if I'd been a child but this happened when I was in my 30's.
At least three other bloggers to pass this onto? Now we get to the difficult bit.
You know I'm going to give this award onto some 'new' bloggers who, with blogs of less than a year old, I look forward to visiting and seeing how they progress.
* Jennifer's JUST ADD WATER, SILLY.
* Arti at MY YATRA DIARY.
* Chris And Jess at PARK BENCHES & BOOKENDS.
* Trac~ at WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.