Over the week-end whilst visiting SHARON in her Garden Of Book Reviews I came across this post in which she told of a new meme BOOK BLOGGER HOP which is being hosted at Crazy For Books.
Not just for book reviewers though that has to be one of the objectives of the blog, BBH, as the blurb on the site informs us,
Is a weekly event, hosted here, where book bloggers and readers can connect to find new blogs to read. It's a great way to network with other bloggers and make new friends! Every day I seem to find another book blog that I start following. In the spirit of the Friday Follow, I thought it would be cool to do a Book Blogger Hop to give us all bookies a chance to connect and find new blogs that we may be missing out on! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! Jennifer.
Sound like a great idea? I thought so too though at over 100+ bloggers (I was the 151st) already signed up it could take me a while to visit them all.
And so onto Awards.
I was delighted and honoured to receive this BOGART award from my good blogger buddy BETTY over at Cut And Dry - many thanks for thinking of me Betty.As always though this award comes with some 'rules' - one being that I pass it on to between 3 and 10 other bloggers and another being I share 7 things about myself that you didn't know.
(1) As a child I was scared of the WIMPY man who advertised Wimpy burgers. (Come to think of it I'm still not too keen on him).
(2) My grandad's pet-name for me was Angel Eyes and so the song of that title by Showaddywaddy became 'our' song. (click HERE for lyrics).
(3) Remaining with 'our' songs, - Husband dearest's and mine is Romeo And Juliet by Dire Straits (click HERE for the lyrics).
(4) I'd dearly love to share my life with a ginger tom-cat. I've even picked his name, Chivers, after the marmalade makers.
(5) I always wanted to milk a goat (no idea why, I just did) and was lucky enough to do so whilst on a play-scheme residential.
(6) I was going to be called Carol but my mam took one look at me at birth and decided I looked like a Tracy - I wish she'd stuck with her first choice. Ma-In-Law, however, thinks I look more like a Jessica - an even better choice than Carol or Tracy.
(7) Since having my ankle joint fused over 2 years ago, I've become obsessed with shoes and would love to be able to wear a shiny black (or red) pair is stiletto heels.
And so onto part 2 of the rules: -
I always find this sooooo difficult as I find myself longing to give it to the same bloggers time after time SO ....
I've decided in the spirit of BBH, I'm going to hang on to the award until I find some new blogs to pass it onto - a new blog according to BBH being a blog of less than 3 months standing or with less than 50 followers.
Not just one award, but two - I was also delighted to receive this PROLIFIC BLOGGER AWARD from Sherrie at Just Books. A prolific blogger being someone who:
'Is intellectually productive… keeping up an active blog that is filled with enjoyable content.'
(Yeah that sounds just like me - she says laughing.)The 'rules' of this one being-
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers.
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to this post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners. (Click HERE for that link.)
Oh dear I really don't enjoy this bit at all and there is such a real temptation to add the same bloggers again and again but I've finally decided that I'd like this award to go to some of the wonderful blogs that don't get such an obvious mention on Pen And Paper.
Four bloggers who always make me smile at their all-be-it very different outlook on life. (1) Molly at LIFE WITH THE CAMPBELLS , (2) Kathryn at FROM THE INSIDE ... OUT, (3) Richard, THE BEWILDERED BRIT and (4) Trac at WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.
For keeping me up to date with what the youth are really reading and for restoring my faith that there are some young people out there who are actually still reading, (5) Nina at WE ADORE HAPPY ENDINGS.
Two bloggers who post not only about books but quilting as well -(6) Valerie who resides at LIFE IS A PATCHWORK QUILT and (7) Heather over at the aptly titled, BOOKS AND QUILTS who also includes some fascinating posts on First Nations/Aboriginal works.
And finally, at the request of Tina, I'd like to point you all in the direction of THE CLEAN WHITE PAGE. A huge fan of her blog, I love her short stories which are wickedly atmospheric and often quite eerie.
Grief that was hard work, time for a piece of the, as yet (aren't I good, resisting such temptation?) unopened, Easter egg.