28 Aug 2009

RETAIL THERAPY? Just what the Doctor (didn't) order.

A man has been diagnosed with clinical depression caused by his girlfriend* constantly dragging him on shopping trips.

Psychiatrists are treating Wu Cheng, 28, who told them: "I can't even look at a shop now. Every time she tries to drag me to a mall my heart starts to pound. I'm short of breath and I feel sick.** We have been going out for 2 years and at least 12 months of that time have been spent in shops. She is obsessed."

Wu's girlfriend, Zhang Keyi said from her home in Chongqing, Central China: "When he's better I promise we'll only go to the shops once a week. Except when the sales are on."

* Spellchecking revealed I has mis-spelt this as 'girlfiend' - perhaps I should have left it as this.
** I bet lots of men (and some women), when faced with a day spent shopping, have felt like this at one time or another.

No comments: