13th September 2009 ... Celebrate Roald Dahl Day in true phizz-whizzing style!
He's one of the world's best-loved storytellers, famed for his hilarious tales and larger-than-life characters. Who is he? Roald Dahl of course!
In celebration of his incredible contribution to storytelling, on September 13th, the day of his birth, people all over the country will hold events and try to complete the spectacular Roald Dahl Challenge. So join in and try it yourself. Your target? To complete as many Roald Dahl challenges as your age. That means if your ten or older you have to try and complete them all, even if you do end up looking a bit of a twit.
1. Wear yellow - Roald's favourite colour.
2. Wear one or more items of clothing backwards.
3. Give someone a treat.
4. Swap a Roald Dahl book with a friend.
5. Talk backwards.
6. Tell a silly joke.
7. Play an 'unexpected' prank.
8. Drop 'gobblefunk' convincingly into a conversation.
9. Write your own revolting rhyme.
10. Make up an Oompa Loompa dance and get your friends to join in.
Visit http://www.roalddahlday.info/ for more info plus lots of fun activities.
SOURCE: RED HOUSE - The Home Of Children's Books.