13 May 2019

FANTASTICALLY GREAT WOMEN WHO CHANGED THE WORLD.


FANTASTICALLY GREAT WOMEN WHO CHANGED THE WORLD by KATE PANKHURST.



Fantastically 
GREAT WOMEN
 Who Changed The WORLD
 is bursting full of astounding women who achieved amazing things by following their hearts, talents and dreams. Fly through the sky with explorer Amelia Earhart, speak out for what is right with Emmeline Pankhurst, and cause a fashion revolution with Coco Chanel.

Bursting full of beautiful illustrations and astounding facts, Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World is the perfect introduction to just a few of the most incredible women who helped shaped the world we live in. 
Follow them and prepare for an adventure of your own.
- Back Cover Blurb

The women in this book didn't set out to be thought of as 'great'.
- First Sentence; How Did They Become  So Fantastically Great?!

- MEMORABLE MOMENT 
Please forgive me my omitting my Memorable Moment. Each women memorable in her own way, it would feel wrong to single any one of them out.

SOURCE ... A present for my birthday, thanks Pat.

READ FOR A CHALLENGE? ... No.

MY THOUGHTS ... An impressively diverse introduction to 13 of the world's fantastic women - women that I won't list here because whilst the book did feature many of the women I would have expected to find it did throw up a surprise or two. *

A book I'd recommend to all of those little girls who dream big. A book I'd recommend to all those little boys who think little girls aren't capable of being fantastic. A book I'd recommend to those of you who maybe not so little are looking for something to share with those little girls and boys who maybe don't know of these fantastic women who dreamt big and made a difference, each in her own unique way.

Designed with younger readers in mind, the illustrations are colourful and bold so as to be exciting and enticing enough to draw the reader in and the layout is great. The paragraphs are kept short enough so as not to be over whelming, there are interesting soundbites that offer an insight into these women’s achievements and a useful 'Fantastically Great Words' guide at the back which explains some of the words that children may not be familiar with .... in short it would make a fantastic addition to both the home and school library.

* For those of you wishing to know just which fantastic women feature in this book their names are concealed below ...

Spoiler Begins ... Jane Austen,Gertrude Ederle, Coco Chanel, Frida Kahlo, Marie Curie, Mary Anning, Mary Seacole, Amelia Earhart, Agent Fifi, Sacagawa, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank ... Spoiler Ends



12 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Just in case it's not showing up for you the text at the end is just appearing as a solid black bar.

Sounds like a good book for my daughters and granddaughter!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hmm! Sorry about that. The text should appear when you scroll over it. It was working on the 'pooter but for some reason not on my mobile. I'll sort this out ASAP but in the meantime click on the book title which will take you to Amazon.co.uk where you can find the list of women included in the book.

sherry fundin said...

great review and sounds like a book we could all benefit from reading.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

No problem seeing the spoiler. Sounds like a great book!

Kelly said...

I really like books that give "introductory biographies" like this, allowing the reader to then decide if they want to read more in-depth biographies. (I read a couple of books last year that used this approach)

I'm not sure what it says about me that I didn't recognize several of these names! It's an interesting group.

Brian Joseph said...

Sounds super. On a slightly related point, I think I will be soon reading a book or two that highlights the most important women and their contributions to the American Revolution.

Suko said...

Let's hear it for the girls! This book sounds fantastic. I enjoyed viewing the spoiler. Terrific review, Tracy!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh sounds like a good collection to add to my uppity women book shelf! :D

nightwingsraven said...

Tracy,
Several of the ladies who are
included in this book as well as
your enthusiastic review definitely
convinced me to add this book to my
list.
Raven

sherry fundin said...

i've seen this and it looks very interesting
sherry @ fundinmental

Lauren said...

Sounds like a great book. I love that it focuses on some not-so-well-known women in history. And yay for great illustrations.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Karen said...

This sounds like a good book but I absolutely adore that cover!

Karen @ For What It's Worth