6 Dec 2016

CHRISTMAS IN NEWCASTLE.

Dear Kelly and fellow members of the Arkansas Book Club, 


I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to be 'joining' you (albeit as I'm tucked up in bed here in the UK) as you enjoy your Christmas meeting.

Asked to share a Christmas memory, I've racked my brain.

Should I share the Christmas mornings of my childhood when, after opening presents with my parents and (naughty) little sister, we'd walk the short distance to my grandparents home where we'd have a breakfast of tinned hot dogs in buns eaten watching an episode of Flash Gordon before opening yet more presents?

Should I explain the tradition of pantomime?

Should I share some of my favourite Christmas reading?

Ah, I know.

A big part of my childhood, for me Christmas began with Fenwick's Christmas window which has featured everything from Father Christmas to this years Beatrix Potter theme by way of the notorious window featuring little green men.



Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Enjoy a cookie for me as you share your Christmas stories.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

What an incredibly clever Christmas display window! Every time I thought it couldn't get any cuter, along came something else I loved. Then again, what's not to love about Beatrix Potter characters.

As always, I will link your post to mine tomorrow and will print out a copy to take to the meeting. I'll also make sure to email this post to any who might not read my blog. I want them all to enjoy the clip, too.

A couple of the members are bound and determined we're going to meet at some point using Skype, so we call all be together.

I'll eat a cookie for you. ;)

Kelly said...

That last sentence should have read "so we can all be together".

I actually replied again to say I enjoyed the link showing some of the past displays. I wish they'd included some photos from the not-so-successful futuristic alien display! I bet I would have liked it.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I'll try and see if I can find a link Kelly.

Brian Joseph said...

That is an impressive display window. I wish that I could see it live.

I would have loved to have seen the little green men window.

LL Cool Joe said...

That is a great window display!

I can't imagine eating tinned hot dogs on Christmas day, that must be pretty unique.


Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Love this! I wish they did more of that here. Always love the creativity that goes into these things.

Karen said...

Oh my! That is BEAUTIFUL!

Karen @For What It's Worth

Yanting Gueh said...

Merry Christmas to you and Mr. T, Tracy! (Fenwick ~ I recently wrote a story in which this name was mentioned.)

Gina said...

Oh that is lovely! I can see why it stands proud in your memory. Thanks for the magical share!