What am I?
- I've been translated into 50 different languages
- There are approximately 400 different editions of me
- Over three billion copies have been printed
- My closest runner-up is the King James Bible.
Yes, I'm the Koran.
Ranked by lovereading.com as the most popular book of all time, The Koran is followed by ...
(Number of copies in brackets, book I've read in red)
- The King James Bible (2.5 billion)
- Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung, Mao Zedong (800 million)
- Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes (500 million)
- Harry Potter series, JK Rowling (450 million)
- A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens (200 million)
- The Lord Of The Rings, JRR Tolkien (150 million)
- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery (140 million) - Read my review here
Alice In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll; Dream Of The Red Chamber, Cao Xueqin; The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien (100 million).
To view the rest of the top thirty books of all time (of which I've read the below) click here.
(Positions on the list in brackets prior to the book title)
- (14) The Lion, The Witch And the Wardrobe (85 million)
- (15) The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown (80 million)
- (16) The Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger (65 million)
- (18) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, Jules Verne (60 million)
- (22) The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle; (23) To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee (30 million)
- (25) Nineteen Eighty Four, George Orwell (25 million)
- (27) The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain (20 million)
- (30) Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe (9 million).
Hmm, 15 out of 30. Not too bad. What about you, which have you read?