28 Apr 2015

WORLD BOOK NIGHT: DEAD MAN TALKING #2.

Following on from World Book Night and Mr T's review today I'm pleased to bring you my thoughts on ....


DEAD MAN TALKING by RODDY DOYLE

WBN BOOK BLURB: Click here for details.

FIRST SENTENCE (Chapter One): I met Joe again the night before his funeral.

MEMORABLE MOMENT {Page 65}: I slid into the front room. Joe was climbing back into the coffin.

MY THOUGHTS: For the better part of Dead Man Talking I admit to being mystified but then suddenly it all fell into place in a neat twist.  

A quick, quirky read. Written in the first person and with a repetitious dialogue that proved to be very much a positive in what I felt was a unique and intriguing story with wonderfully well written down to earth characters. 



10 comments:

Kelly said...

I already liked the sound of it from Mr. T.'s comments, but I'm even more intrigued now. I must put it on my wish list.

Barbara said...

Joe was climbing back into the coffin is a wonderful line! It sounds like an interesting read.

Alexia561 said...

Love fun, quirky reads! Thanks for the heads up, as I haven't read that many Roddy Doyle books.

Melliane said...

It's always nice to have a book you can read quickly like that.

Brian Joseph said...

I have heard good things about this book from several sources. Everyone seems to say that it was different. In my opinion that is a really good thing.

Suko said...

This does sound quirky and interesting! The first sentence and the memorable moment (especially) draw me in.

Sherry Ellis said...

It's nice when a story has a twist that allows everything to fall into place.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I didn't expect that. Love a twist like that as well!!

Stephanie@Fairday's Blog said...

This sounds so good- and very different from anything I have read. I like that there is a twist! Thanks for sharing. :)

Literary Feline said...

I'm glad you liked this one, Tracy. It does sound good.