16 Nov 2014

ANNOUNCING THE 2014 CHRISTMAS SPIRIT READING CHALLENGE.

Hosted by Michelle of The True Book Addict fame I'm delighted to announce ..... 



Running  from Monday the 24th of November through to Twelfth Night, Tuesday the 6th of January 2015, crossovers with other challenges is encouraged.

The books must be ..
  • Christmas novels including short stories
  • Christmas folk lore
  • Christmas poetry
  • Christmas crafts
And as always the levels are ..
  • Candy Cane .. Read one book
  • Mistletoe .. Read 2 to 4 books
  • Christmas Tree .. Read 5 to 6 book
With optional additional levels of ..
  • Fa La La La .. Christmas movies
  • Visions of Sugar Plums .. Share the Christmas books you read with your children.
What's that I hear you ask?

What am I planning to read?

Well, though not necessarily in this order ..
  • Home For Christmas by Annie Groves
  • Coming Home by Patricia Scanlan
  • This Year It Will Be Different by Maeve Binchy
  • Christmas At Claridge's by Karen Swan
  • The Gift by Cecelia Ahern.
And for the children ..
  • The Best Christmas Ever by Sylvia Green
  • Father Christmas And The Donkey by Elizabeth Clark
  • Jingle Bells by Nick Butterworth
  • One Christmas Night by M Christina Butler and Tina Macnaughton
  • The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg.

So what are you waiting for, head over here to sign up.


8 comments:

Suko said...

What a lovely reading challenge! (If I wasn't so reading challenge challenged, I'd sign up.)

Kelly said...

I want to do this, but I hesitate to make the commitment - it's such a busy time of year and my reading always slows down. I may see how things progress over the next few weeks and sign up late.

Your plans look ambitious, but I have total confidence you'll meet your goals.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

This sounds great! I'd sign up, but my reading has gone down the pan lately... as has my reviewing. I really should get back into it. Hmmm... Maybe I should join in! :D

Shooting Stars Mag said...

aw, how fun! i like that you can watch holiday films too.

Literary Feline said...

This sounds like it will be fun! If I knew for sure I'd be up for blogging in the coming weeks, I could be tempted to sign up myself. Alas, it's best if I don't.

anilkurup59 said...

What has become of your "monday" postings?

Brian Joseph said...

This is a great idea. It looks to be really fun.

Though my reading schedule is busy, I will try to join you with at least one entry.

Lindsay said...

This sounds like a lovely seasonal challenge Tracy. I hope you enjoy the reads.