30 Aug 2009

Nice To See You.

Thanks to FaceBook, I was able to make contact with M from Guildford, an old friend of Hubby and I, who we hadn't seen for the past 12 or so years. Anyway a week or so ago M announced that he would be doing some training in Newcastle, could we meet up? Of course we could.

That meeting took place last night and saw an extremely wobbly Pettywitter out of the house for the first time in three weeks. And wobble, I most certainly did. In fact, it go so bad that I even found myself looking at out taxi driver and announcing "I'm not drunk, honest" as I grabbed hold of Hubby to steady myself - how embarrassing though thankfully it was our usual taxi company and a driver we knew well so not as bad as it could have been.

Apart from this, a wonderful night was had at Marco Polo's in Dean Street, an Italian restaurant with really good food at reasonable prices AND Hubby's favourite pudding, Panatonne bread and butter pudding with strawberries and whipped cream.

The conversation, like the food, was also plentiful - after 12 years, as you can imagine, there was an awful lot of catching up to do. And so a pleasant evening soon came to an end and we dropped M off at his hotel with promises that we would meet again and hopefully before another 12 years had passed.

No comments: