12 Dec 2018

FROM WHAT I HATE MOST ABOUT CHRISTMAS TO HOW I'D SPEND THIS TIME OF YEAR IF NOT CAUGHT UP IN ALL THIS HOLIDAY MADNESS ...


Thanks to Joey over at  his pad for this, his stolen Christmas Meme.

  • What do you hate most about Christmas?
Hmm! Not so much Christmas itself as the run-up to Christmas which seems to get earlier and earlier every year. That and ...

Society's preoccupation with the acquisition of consumer goods; adverts convincing your child they are unloved if they don't have that year's must have toy, overpriced gift guides in magazines and newspapers and ...
Gifts for teachers that doubtlessly end up in some charity shop come the new year - I'm sorry but there is a limit to how many 'To the best teacher at Christmas' mugs a person can have. Or perhaps worse still, the pushy parent who has decided on a group effort; who WILL hunt you down catch you as you wait to collect your child insisting you hand over the dosh or your name WON'T be added to the Christmas card signed by every other parent in the class.
  • What is your least favourite piece of Christmas music?
Ooh! Dare I? {Whispers} Fairytale of New York. Phew! There I've said it. Allegations of homophobic slurs and domestic violence aside (that's a whole other argument), its not so much that I particularly hate the song as that, not very Christmassy to my mind anyway, I just don't get why people love it so much.
  • What traditional Christmas food OTHER THAN FRUITCAKE (too easy) is being sent down the garbage disposal?
Not that we have a garbage disposal but I'm with Joey; marzipan, ugh, can't stand the stuff.
  • Which animated TV Christmas special leaves you wanting to rip the wallpaper off the walls?
Obviously a Meme that originated in the US, as a Brit were not big on animated TV Christmas specials but, if I may, cheesey 'Christmas' films shown in October leave me, well, switching the telly off.
  • What was your least favourite Christmas gift ever?
The bubble bath when we only have a shower aside,  I don't think I've ever had a truly awful Christmas gift whereas if you were to ask Mr T the same question ...
  • Who on your Christmas list is the hardest to shop for?
Lets see .... To be fair, not something one of Mr T's two brothers (which one I won't say) actually takes seriously (when asked about it he did rightly say 'you asked me to make a wish list, well these are things I wish for, not hope for') but with things like a £3,126.56 Bacchantes lalique vase and a £9,130.01 Breitling watch on it I rest my case.

  • How would you spend this time of year if you weren't caught up in all the holiday madness?
In a word ... hibernating.

As Joey said, You are welcome to steal this from me, just let me know so I can track you down on your blog. 

11 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

I'd like to hibernate this time of year, too! It's way too commercialized and frenetic.

LL Cool Joe said...

Hey thank you for the shout out. I'm so glad you did this and I love your answers. I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates marzipan. Oh I do hate the stuff.

Yes we Brits aren't big on animated Christmas specials, which I think is one small blessing at this time of the year.

You cracked me up about bubble bath when you only have a shower. :D

Brian Joseph said...

I am determined to find a good recipe for fruit cake and make it. I love Christmas and I seem to avoid most of the Christmas angst. In some ways I am lucky. I only need to buy gifts for a few people.

Kelly said...

I agree with you on the run-up to Christmas. I hate the overt commercialization of all the major holidays now.

And I still say, fruitcake made by the right person is delicious.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

I love to eat cookies and drink coffee during Christmas.
Have a great day

Gina said...

Totally agree with the build-up to Christmas craziness...but that song, I've never heard, so of course I'm off to Google it to see what all the fuss is about!

nightwingsraven said...

Tracy,
I belong to those would gladly
hibernate during this time of
the year. But I enjoyed your
post very much!
Raven

sherry fundin said...

This was fun. I could hibernate too. lol
sherry @ fundinmental

Karen said...

I'm the same. It starts to early and then it's just a mad rush of advertising and shopping until the 25th.

I like buying small, thoughtful gifts for friends but it's so overboard and about the cost rather than the meaning. I'd rather not get or exchange gifts if you can think of something genuine. Save the $$ or donate to someone who could really use it.

Bah humbug! lol

Karen @ For What It's Worth

DMS said...

This was fun to read! I don't think I have ever heard that song. Or maybe I have and don't know the title? I am going to look it up- because it sounds terrible and now I am curious. :)
~Jess

The Bookworm said...

aww lol I love the Grinch. I wish I would have seen this post sooner, I would have done one too :)
Yes to hibernating during the holidays and marzipan is gross lol.