..... to look forward to.
Honoured to have been featured reading my First Book Of The Year 2016 I'm delighted to have been asked again.
Then there's the .....
(Details and sign-up here)
Hosted by Charlie over at The Worm Hole, the 2017 categories are (Charlie's suggestions in brackets) ...
- A number in numbers (84, Charing Cross Road; 12 Years A Slave; 31 Dream Street)
- A building (The Old Curiosity Shop; I Capture The Castle; House Of Shadows; The Invisible Library; Jamaica Inn)
- A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it (The Girl Next Door; The Running Vixen)
- Compass direction (North and South; Guardians Of The West; The Shadow In The North; NW)
- An item/items of cutlery (The Subtle Knife; Our Spoons Came From Woolworths)
Hmm!Always one to challenge myself that bit further. As well as 'the challenge rules', I like to make things that bit more difficult for myself (and indeed Mr Terry who if you remember was dispatched to local charity is search of suitable books for this year's challenge) by using books we already have in the house soooo, with this in mind, which books might I find myself reading?
- A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration! (The Great Gatsby; The Luminous Life Of Lilly Aphrodite; Gone Girl; The Cuckoo’s Calling).
in numbers: Hmm, looks like Mr T will be paying a trip to the
charity shops after all. Oh, hang on, I've just found a copy of 11th Hour by James Patterson tucked away on my TBR pile
- Building: The Far Pavilions by M.M Kaye, To The Holy Shrines by Richard Burton
in it: Wessex Tales by Thomas Hardy, Middlesex by
direction: All Quiet On The Western Front by Erich Maria
Remarque, Hunt For the Southern Continent by James Cook
- Cutlery: The
Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
same letter: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Jaguars And
Electric Eels by Alexander von Humboldt
Any plans to be joining in with the 2017 What's In A Name Challenge? If so, any clues as to what you might be reading?