18 Jul 2020

WHO HIDES HERE? FOOTPRINTS IN THE FOREST.

ISBN 978-1916108035
WHO HIDES HERE? FOOTPRINTS IN THE FOREST by RACHEL COVERDALE (With illustrations by SHELLY OYSTEN).


A charming picture book with beautiful illustrations allowing children to discover which forest animals have made footprints in the countryside. Written with a sing-song rhythm and rhyme, children will delight in joining in with the grown-ups reading to them.
- Amazon.co.uk Blurb

Who is hiding among the bushes?
Up and down and round he rushes.
Crafty and clever,
Playful as ever.
Who is hiding among the bushes?
First Sentence Verse, Page not numbered

Who is hiding between the leaves?
In and out of trees he weaves.
Considered wise,
At night he flies.
Who is hiding between the leaves?
- Memorable Moment, Page not numbered


MY THOUGHTS ... The third of Rachel's books I have now shared my thoughts on (for my review on Robberty Bobberty And Friends which was the last of her books that I read see here), Who Hides Here? Footprints in The Forest (the latest book in the Who Hides Here? series) is another fun and educational book from an author who has become a firm favourite with both myself and my young assistants - I'm only sorry that because of the Covid virus I haven't seen any of them to share this book with. Still, its something to look forward to.

Invited to see 'Who is hiding?' in a variety of different places (down the sett, by the trees, on a stone amongst them), like its predecessors, Who Who Hides Here? Footprints in the Garden and Who Hides Here? Footprints On The Farm (the latter of which I reviewed here), this offers a valuable and fun learning experience, this time into some of the animals that inhabit the forest. 

That the text is written in rhyme; a fun and memorable way for young children to learn, that the animals are illustrated in glorious true to life drawings, their footprints clearly depicted, that there are some fun exercises at the back of the book make this an ideal choice for both the home and school environment. 

That it encourages children and their families/classmates and teachers to actually get out there in the hope of spotting these footprints or, who knows, maybe even the animals who made them, wonderful.

I'm longing to see what is next. Maybe more adventures for Robberty Bobberty and friends, maybe Who Hides Here? Footprints On The Seashore, maybe Who Hides Here? Footprints In The Jungle, maybe something completely different. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be highly enjoyable.

SUMMED UP IN A SENTENCE ... As entertaining as it is educational; a great choice for animal lovers, perfect for those eager to discover the natural world on their doorsteps.

Huge thanks to the author, Rachel Coverdale, for supplying me with a copy of this book, it was a pleasure and an honour. 


Image result for name felicity

11 comments:

DMS said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. I like any book that helps get people outside enjoying nature. Looking for tracks is an excellent reason to explore nature. Sounds like a delightful book. Thanks for sharing. :)
~Jess

Rachel Coverdale said...

Thank you so much for this fabulous review of my little book. I'm so happy you enjoyed it so much and I can't wait for little children everywhere to go exploring in the forests with their new found knowledge! xx

Kelly said...

I really enjoyed the Farm book and this one looks equally delightful. I bet my new little grandson would enjoy it, too!

ashok said...

Good book!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My grands would love this!

Brian Joseph said...

As a child I loved trying to Identify animal tracks. It is nice to know that children are still interested in this.

nightwingsraven said...

Felicity,
This sounds like a delightful
book. To read, enjoy the lovely
illustrations, to learn from and
to explore the natural world.
Raven

Suko said...

Felicity, this sounds like a wonderful book for children, which may inspire families to explore the great outdoors. I enjoyed your lively review.

Carol's Notebook said...

Sounds like a cute book.

Karen said...

I love that cover - it's so serene and peaceful and the book sounds wonderful.

Karen @ For What It's Worth

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I think my friend's little one might enjoy this book :)