3 Jan 2017

WELCOMING 2017 WITH MY ARKANSAS FRIENDS ... AND MORE.

As many of you will know Kelly invited me to join her and her fellow readers as an honorary member of the Arkansas Book Club.

Unfortunately not always able to obtain the book they are reading, I was delighted to have already read their recent read ....


Good evening ladies and best wishes for 2017. 

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on one of my favourite reads of 2012 - I'll be reading book 2, Hollow City which I received from niece #2 for Christmas later this month - as well, as of course, learning what you will be reading over the coming months when, hopefully, I'll be able to join you. 

'Combining a wonderfully eerie novel with some old, even eerier photographs, this is a truly unique read that is scary enough to send shivers down the spine without being scary enough to warrant sleeping with the light on.' 


- For my full review click here.

Yet to post her review, visit Kelly's blog tomorrow to read her thoughts on Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.

Hopefully a case of better late than never, sadly unable to join Sheila over at Book Journey on New Year's Day in her First Book Of The Year (see here and here for others sharing their first reads), today I'm bringing me reading my first book of 2017 ...



(The Eye Of Nefertiti by Maria Luisa Lang)

And lastly ....

For those of you who haven't already seen this on my FaceBook page, here is me with Buzz, our great-nephew's bunny ..


15 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope your first read is the first of many good books in 2017. Happy New Year!
Cute bunny pic - I'm not on FB so thanks for sharing :)

Karen said...

I haven't read that series yet (or seen the movie) but it's my nephew's favorite.

Karen @For What It's Worth

Suko said...

Tracy, thanks for sharing your fun pics! I hope your reading year is off to a terrific start. I loved having more time to read over the long holiday weekend.

Elizabeth said...

Love your photos.

Happy New Year!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My First Book Of The Year

Literary Feline said...

What great photos. Buzz is adorable. I hope you enjoy your first book of the year. I think it's great you are joining Kelly's Arkansas Book Club. I haven't yet read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but I do hope to. I am glad you enjoyed it! Have a Happy New Year, Tracy!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you shared the photo with the bunny, too. I know I miss out on a lot by refusing to do FB, so thanks for including it here. So cute!

I thought I remembered you'd read our book, but couldn't track down your review when I first looked. I'm off to read it now and print it out to take with me tonight.

Gina said...

Love it! The sound of the book and the bunny... 😊

Natasha said...

Happy New Year Tracy! The photo of you and Buzz is so, so cute - what a sweet little bunny! Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is still on my TBR list so I'll have to find it at the library soon. - Tasha

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Tracy,

Our great nephew came to visit yesterday and at 15 months old, he is the fastest little dude around. I'm so pleased that I can give him back to mum and dad at the end of the day!

'The Eye Of Nefertiti' isn't really up my street and I have so far not considered 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' for my TBR list, although having read the premise in greater detail, perhaps I should.

I actually think that unconsciously it is the length of the title that's the problem, weird I know, but that's me! I'm definitely not so keen on the premise of the follow up 'Hollow City', but I'll hold off on that opinion until I have read your review.

Enjoy the book and thanks for sharing your personal memories and moments with us all :)

Yvonne

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Awe the bunny is adorable. I love the Peculiar books and hope you enjoy Hollow City. Happy New Year!

Brian Joseph said...

Happy reading in 2017 Tracy.

Buzz is very cool!

Barbara said...

Hi Tracy, I did see the photo of you and Buzz on Facebook, but it’s nice to see it again as it’s a great photo.
I’m going to click on all the links you’ve shared and see what I might have missed. I think I read your review of Miss Peregrine .. previously, but I can’t remember so must check.
Enjoy your reading, Barbara.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Aw, cute bunny. I enjoyed Miss Peregrine when I read it. I still need to finish the series though.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
After reading your- and Kelly's
review, I added the book to my
list. As it sounds like a very
good read. And I hope that you
will enjoy "The Eye of Nefertiti".
I have always been fascinated by
by Nefertiti.
Buzz is precious.
Raven

So many books, so little time said...

Loving the piccys, that bunny is just too precious xxx

Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net