as featured here on the My Reader's Block blog. (Please click on link for full details. TT)
Yes, Christmas is but a distant memory apart from those few remaining boxes of chocolates, the glitter that no amount of hoovering will pick up AND, of course, the new books that now top our TBR piles.
Determined to do something about the To Be Read pile that once again has become something of a mountain, what better way than to sign up for this challenge?
Running from January 1st through to December 31st 2017, no books purchased after January the 1st nor library books are permissible, the levels are as follows ...
- Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
- Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
- El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
- Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s ...
Hmm! I think I'll go with Mount Blanc which more or less represents a quarter of the books I'm hoping to read this year, though, of course, as the rules state, whilst I'm locked into at least this number I can always 'upgrade' and tackle a higher mountain.
What about you? Any plans to tackle your TBR mountain?