18 Jan 2017

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER IN DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOOKS THAT ARE MY TBR MOUNTAIN.

Thanks to Kelly for pointing me in the direction of this, the ...


as featured here on the My Reader's Block blog. (Please click on link for full details. TT)

Yes, Christmas is but a distant memory apart from those few remaining boxes of chocolates, the glitter that no amount of hoovering will pick up AND, of course, the new books that now top our TBR piles.

Determined to do something about the To Be Read pile that once again has become something of a mountain, what better way than to sign up for this challenge?

Running from January 1st through to December 31st 2017, no books purchased after January the 1st nor library books are permissible, the levels are as follows ...

  • Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
  • Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
  • El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s
  • Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s ...
Hmm! I think I'll go with Mount Blanc which more or less represents a quarter of the books I'm hoping to read this year, though, of course, as the rules state, whilst I'm locked into at least this number I can always 'upgrade' and tackle a higher mountain.

What about you? Any plans to tackle your TBR mountain?

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to see you're joining in on this one. I, too, opted for Mount Blanc, in hopes I might make it a little farther up as the year progresses.

I have a feeling this challenge may become a regular for me. Not sure what that says about my book habits.

Suko said...

Oh, those Levels are too funny! Clever challenge for those of us with mountainous book stacks!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Hey, Pike's Peak should be 14 (there is a group that hikes all the peaks which are about 14,000'. Sorry, I'm a nerd. :D Hope you succeed and have fun with your challenge.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I am glad how much you and Kelly
enjoy these reading challenge.
And I hope that you will both succeed.
For my part, I am still adding books
to my list and so to the mountain.
Raven

LL Cool Joe said...

Shock. Horror. I'm actually getting into books a little more at the moment. I'm just reading Sue Perkins book "Spectacles" and really enjoying it.

Good luck with your challenge.

Brian Joseph said...

I commend anyone who takes on this and similar challenges.

I for one have surrendered and have given up all hope in regards to my TBR.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good luck with your climb :) I hope to read a few but probably not enough to be challenge-worthy.

Barbara said...

What a brilliant idea! I love the theme but can’t imagine too many people will want to summit Mount Olympus (Mars), 150 books is quite a challenge!
Even Mount Blanc is a tall order; I hope you have a sturdy backpack, helmet, boots and of course crampons. Good luck with your climb! :-)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Great challenge! I really do plan on reading more of my TBR books that I own. Some of been sitting on my shelves for years, so it will be nice to go back and actually enjoy them.