8 Jul 2015

ODE TO THE SILLINESS OF IT ALL.

As you are probably aware I'm intrigued by all those national/international 'days', the sillier the better, and so was delighted to discover the following (mostly American it has to be said but what the heck) that seem to exist not to honour/celebrate anyone/thing but just for the sheer silliness of it ...
  • Gorilla Suit Day: 31st January
  • Snowman Burning Day: 20th March
  • Lumpy Rug Day: 3rd May
  • No Dirty Dishes Day: 18th May
  • Compliment Your Mirror Day: 3rd July
  • Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day: 28th August
  • International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day: 12th October
  • Name Your PC Day: 20th November
  • Start Your Own Country Day: 22nd November
None of these appeal? How about these 'nights?' ...
  • Sneak Some Zucchini (that's courgette to us Brits) Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night: 8th August
  • Haunted Refrigerator Night: 30th October

No? Oh well, there's always ...
  • Make Up Your Own Holiday Day: 26th March.
According to this American website here's how to go about it.  


14 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm so sad I missed Lumpy Rug Day. You can't help feel that some people really do need to get a life. :D Oh, how about Get A Life Day?

Blogoratti said...

All sorts of days, the no dirty dishes day takes the prize.

Kelly said...

Ha! I'll second Joey's "get a life" day. :D

These things always make me laugh and I have to wonder who came up with them and why. What amazes me is that pretty much every day of the year is some sort of food day. Today (July 8th) is National Chocolate with Almonds Day.

Sherry Ellis said...

No Dirty Dishes? Really? Where do they all go?

Alexia561 said...

Have to admit that I'm intrigued by Snowman Burning Day! I wouldn't mind No Dirty Dishes Day, but only if someone else came and cleaned them all for me. Love how you find all these fun celebrations!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Compliment Your Mirror Day! That's awesome. haha I do love hearing about all these random holidays.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

But every day is International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day. LOL!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Tracy and all your US followers ...

I can't wait for July 14th, when not only is it National Nude Day, but also National Tape Measure Day :)

Me, I'll stick to August 9th ... Book Lover's Day !

Great fun post :)

Yvonne

Literary Feline said...

There's always some title for each day. LOL Americans just like an excuse to celebrate.

Revd. Neal Terry said...

I can't believe you haven't mentioned International Towel Day.

Brian Joseph said...

These are very funny.

The food days are the best. They do give one an excuse to eat things that they might never have eaten. I think that I will begin to participate in more of them :)

Gina said...

Wait wait wait. I have to wait until November for my frustrating moment to be international? *ugh* (Great post as always!)

The Bookworm said...

ha! Well, International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day sounds like something I could get behind on. Especially if it takes place on a Monday at work.

Bo said...

Don't forget Talk Like a Pirate Day which is September 19th. Arrgh!