Yes, I'm talking about the Hatchet Job Of The Year award in which according to THIS ARTICLE .......
Eight of the most cutting reviews of last year are in contention for the prize honouring literary criticisms most poisonous pens.
The contenders and the reviews for which they were nominated can be found HERE.
Mind you according to THIS 2009 ARTICLE I don't think I'd be too eager to win any of these awards either ......
- Stinky Shoe: I think this one pretty much speaks for itself but you might be interested to know that the sneakers are judged on the condition of the sole, tongue, heel, toe, laces/velcro and eyelets as well as the all important odour.
- Bad Sex In Fiction: An award that may not be new to regulars of Pen and Paper. My 2013 post can be found HERE. The winner by the way being Manil Suri for his third novel, The City of Devi.
- Stella: An American award for those who file outrageous lawsuits.
- Darwin: Given to those who 'do a service to humanity by accidentally removing themselves from the gene pool'.
- Ernie: An Australian award, the 'Ernies' are awarded to individuals/companies who make sexist remarks/do something sexist.
- Foot In Mouth: Awarded by the British Plain English Campaign for the dumbest comment by a public figure. You might be interested to know that the 2013 winner of this was Godfrey Bloom whose 'wince inducing' gaffes can be read about HERE.
- Weird-Ass Picture Book: Weirdest stories, cover and illustrations on a book.
Not that the Bad Sex In Fiction or the Weird-Ass Picture Book Awards are the only, err, unusual literary awards out there. A search of the net also came up with the following .....
- Book Sellers magazine annual Diagram Prize for the oddest book title, the 2013 prize for which went to Reginald Bakeley's Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop. FULL ARTICLE.
Copyright: Tracy Terry @ Pen and Paper. All original content on http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/ is created by the website owner, including but not limited to text, design, code, images, photographs and videos are considered to be the Intellectual Property of the website owner, whether copyrighted or not, and are protected by DMCA Protection Services using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3). Reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission. In addition I would also urge that if you are reading this on any other page you contact the original blog owner/reviewer.