17 Nov 2013

ANNOUNCING THE 2013 CHRISTMAS SPIRIT READING CHALLENGE.

      Gobsmacked by the thought that not only has my mam finished her Christmas shopping but already has her presents wrapped. Fed up of asking people not to mention the 'C' word, of explaining that its not that I don't enjoy Christmas - I do just not in November and CERTAINLY not in September which is when my mam first started to 'panic' about it.

Which I guess makes me a bit of a hypocrite as I was super excited to read of this years Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge hosted as always by our hostest with the mostest Michelle. Details and sign-up HERE.

Running from the 22nd of November through to Twelfth Night, January 6th. Whilst I cannot promise there will be much 'Fa La La La' going on (Intrigued? You'll have to stop by Michelle's place) I'm hoping to reach the 'Christmas Tree' and, Plum and Elf willing, have 'Visions of Sugar Plums'.

Please note All original content on http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/ is created by the website owner, including but not limited to text, design, code, images, photographs and videos are considered to be the Intellectual Property of the website owner, whether copyrighted or not, and are protected by DMCA Protection Services using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3). Reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission.
In addition I would also urge that if you are reading this on any other page you contact the original blog owner/reviewer.


11 comments:

StarTraci said...

This looks like fun! I might even try it!
:-)
Traci

Suko said...

I will take a look as I'm planning on doing some Christmas-related reading! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Kelly said...

I want to check it out even though I know I won't participate. My reading always seems to slow down about this time of the year. I don't really know why since I've already done (and wrapped) all my Christmas shopping. ;)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

:-) Hope you enjoy the challenge.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I have to admit, I'm crazy about Christmas all year long. lol I'll have to check this out.

Brian Joseph said...

Indeed the Christmas thing seems to get earlier and earlier every year. I remember reading something somewhere that folks back around 1850 were rushing things as they were preparing for Christmas a week early.

Seriously it is a good thing to start these challenges early as to give everyone time.

Literary Feline said...

Have fun with the challenge, Tracy!

I am so not ready for the Christmas holidays. Because I often ship gifts to family and friends, I try to have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November. This year, I haven't even started. :-(

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Tracy,

I love Christmas when we have been in Florida, however when here at home I absolutely hate Christmas, with the only thing I dislike even more, being New Year .... Bah Humbug!!

Yvonne

The Bookworm said...

Happy reading! I love that word Gobsmacked.

Gina said...

Have a blast! I'm with you on the Christmas enjoyment thing...each holiday in its own time. They rush things too much nowadays!

Betty Manousos said...

happy reading! hope you enjoy the challenge!

xx