20 Nov 2012

INTRODUCING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT READING CHALLENGE 2012.




Running from the 19th of November 2012 through until twelfth night, the 6th of January 2013.


As last year, the levels are .......



  • Candy Cane :- Read one book
  • Mistletoe :- Read two to four books 
  • Christmas Tree :- Five or six book.

These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts.

Extra levels are ......

  • Fa La La La :- Watch and review as many Christmas movies as you want
  • Visions Of Sugar Plum:- Read books with your children and share what you read.

Anything else?

Ah yes, Cross overs with other challenges are permitted, in fact they are positively encouraged and a box of goodies is up for grabs for US bloggers with the possibility of an international giveaway, finances allowing.

And so onto the seasonal books I'm hoping to read this year. In no particular order for the Mistletoe level ......
  • Through A Glass Darkly by Jostein Gaarder. 
  • Shakespeare's Christmas by Charlaine Harris.  
  • A Lawman's Christmas by Linda Lael Miller.
  • The Charm Bracelet by Melissa Hill.
And for the Visions Of Sugar Plum level
  • The Night Before Christmas by Clement C Moore with illustrations by Lis Toft
  • Once Upon A Christmas by David Sandison with illustrations by David Oxtoby.


So, what are you waiting for? Head on over HERE and sign up now.

12 comments:

Joan said...

Looks good,

Stephanie@Fairday's Blog said...

This challenge looks and sounds like fun. What a great way to get into the spirit of the holidays! I haven't read any of the books or those movies. Can't wait to hear about them! :)

Suko said...

What a charming challenge! I'll consider it (candy cane level), although the holidays are always a bit too busy for me. (I may need to be content just to read about the holiday reading of others.)

ashok said...

reading is out of question for me these days :(

Golden Eagle said...

Sounds like a fun holiday challenge! At my current reading pace I'm not sure I'd be able to manage much in the way of Christmas books, though.

Thanks for the info!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I'm in a bit of a reading slump, but I hope you rock the challenge!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Tracy,

Great idea for a reading challenge, but averse as I am to Christmas, probably not something I shall be signing up to.

I was checking out some of the titles you have decided to read and I was surprised at just how many books have been published with 'Through A Glass Darkly' as their title.

By sheer coincidence, we have had a copy of 'Shakespeare's Christmas' handed into the charity shop today, although it was only on the shelf for about an hour before it sold, so I guess this is a popular book.

Good luck with the challenge, hope you will be reviewing as well?

Yvonne

Maude Lynn said...

This sounds like fun!

Blond Duck said...

I just got two new Christmas books from the library!

carol said...

I love Christmas books. Enjoy the challenge.

The Bookworm said...

Happy Christmas reading Tracy! I see A Lawman's Christmas on there :) I hope you enjoy it.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Welcome to the challenge, Tracy. You have a great list lined up there. I hope you enjoy them all!