9 May 2012

LOST SOCK MEMORIAL DAY.

Think the 9th of May is just a day like any other?


Think again.


For I jest not, today is ........






Just like why does buttered bread always fall buttered side down some things in life just cannot be explained.


Yes, I'm talking about the phenomenon that is the missing sock. You all know what I'm talking about for it is a rare household indeed that can say they have never suffered at the hands of  (laughs demoniacally) .......




Yes, it's washday, the machine has just finished the spin-cycle, you open the door and lo-and-behold one of your socks is missing in action/absent without leave.


But fear not for now at least there is a day in which to commemorate all those missing socks, to stand for a moment of silence in memory of all those odd pairs AND perhaps consider .........
  • Rounding up all those lonely socks to see if a matching pair can't be made
  • Making a sock puppet
  • Turning any remaining lone socks into a toy for your furry friends - ideas can be found HERE
  • Putting lone socks to use as a duster.
Just don't let those socks have gone missing in vain.

15 comments:

Blond Duck said...

I wrote an entire children's story about creatures that stole socks called Lint Gremlins!

anilkurup59 said...

There are a dozen sock lying single .Your post reminds me now.

Kate said...

Too funny...

Heather said...

I turn them inside out and use them for dusting. Daughter wears mis-matched socks most days, so not a problem for her.

Gina said...

Oh my. I never realized there was a day to celebrate all those wayward socks. *-* What will they think of next! Too funny Tracy....thanks for the smile!

Suko said...

This is too funny! Do socks run away from home? They are like feet, after all. ;)

NRIGirl said...

The singles in my "missing pair" basket will be happy now that we are celebrating them - wait a minute looks like we are actually celebrating their better halves.

Interesting tidbits and thank you Tracy!

:)

carol said...

I have a whole basket full of unmatcheable socks. I'll have to check out the link for making them into pet toys.

Jenners said...

Love this!! Perhaps I shall donate my current batch of unmatched socks to one of my known culprits for stealing socks -- Romeo.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I have made sock monsters... so I can totally celebrate this day. :D

Kelly said...

How funny that there is actually a day to commemorate this! Fortunately, that's a phenomenon I've not been plagued with very often. I will tear apart the house to locate the missing item!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

LOL!! That is a great post! And now that you said it, I do need a new duster. ;) Thank you!

Melanie said...

I literally have a grocery bag full of socks that have lost their pair, yet I can't seem to throw them away. It's kind of ridiculous, but I seem to keep hoping that the other sock will magically reappear.

Betty Manousos said...

love it! too funny!

xx

Carol said...

This has to be the most annoying unsolved mystery of wash day in any household.

Great post, Tracy

carol xx