21 Mar 2012

NEWBOOKS MAGAZINE AND ME.

I'm soooooo excited ......... 


Having volunteered to be a reviewer for NEWBOOKS MAGAZINEThe magazine for readers and reading groups, I was delighted when, last week, I received my first assignment.


Designed as a way of getting to know me, I was sent a book,



LYRICS ALLEY by Leila Aboulela, which, though previously featured in the magazine, I was asked to review as a way of demonstrating my style of writing, etc.


 No sooner said than done, I set about reading and reviewing said book which will feature here on Pen and Paper in the not too distant future.


And that's not all ...........


Thanks to my good blogger buddy DIZZY C  there are also several other possibilities that I'm looking into. Thanks to both Dizzy and NAIDA for all their help and advice.


15 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats! Your blog is fabulous and I look forward to more of your reviews.

p,s,You are welcome x

carol

Arti said...

This is just fantastic Tracy. You deserve it, your reviews are just wonderful.
Keep scaling new heights.
All the Best.

anilkurup59 said...

Interesting and commendable Tracy.

chitra said...

Hi PW,
I am unable to visit my blogger friends regularly because of power shortage in my place.Hope things would improve soon. I am off to Goa shall be back with interesting posts.
tc
Chitra

carol said...

That's great!

Heather said...

This seems like a good magazine to be associated with.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have some interesting new things in the works!

I do enjoy your style of book reviews.

The Bookworm said...

That is wonderful Tracy! Congrats! I always enjoy your reviews and I look forward to reading more of them. Happy reading and reviewing.
Thank you for the mention :)

serendipity_viv said...

Oh well done Tracy. I am so pleased for you. Good luck. x

Deepali said...

Congrats Tracy! That sounds like it will keep you busy for a while :)

On Alloy of Law - I've read it already, and thought the story didn't live up to the hype by tor.com, nice as it is was. Wait for the paperback on this one :)

Hollie said...

Congrats! I look forward to reading more of your reviews! :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I love your reviews, Tracy. They're lucky to have you on board!! Congratulations!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! I'm so happy that you get to be a reviewer in a magazine!

Suko said...

Very exciting! Congratulations, Petty!

Jenners said...

How wonderful!!! Enjoy the experience!!!