Having almost completed my Holiday Reading Challenge, I was surprised to find myself signed up for yet another challenge but after having seen that two of my blogger buddies (KELLY and DORTE) had signed up and several more of you were thinking about it I just couldn't resist joining in all the fun.
The challenge, WHAT'S IN A NAME 4, is hosted by Beth, runs from the 1st of January through to the 31st of December 2011 and requires that you read one book from each of the following categories. My initial ideas are in brackets but may change as and when.
- A book with a number in the title - (Eleven Hours by PaullinaSimons)
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title (The Golden Bats And Pink Pigeons by Gerald Durrel)
- A book with a size in the title - (The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris*)
- A book with travel or movement in the title - (The White Woman On The Green Bicycle)
- A book with evil in the title - (An Unholy Alliance by Susanna Gregory)
- A book with a life stage in the title - (The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend)
Oh, and you might also need to know:-
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
- On January 1, Beth will publish 7 posts, each with a Mr. Linky (one for each category and one for your wrap-up post), on HER BLOG so you'll have a place to post links to your reviews (bloggers) or leave comments (non-bloggers) as you finish up each category.
- In the meantime you can sign up by clicking on What's In A Name link above.
What's that? Alexia mentions a similar challenge, the OFF THE SHELF CHALLENGE 2010 hosted by BOOK ARDOUR. Perhaps I should consider combining the two.