8 Apr 2010

A WALK ON MY WILD SIDE.

Very off-putting that as I sit writing (ok, typing) this post, there is a man walking just outside the window on our porch roof. No not a burglar or a Peeping Tom (where did that term come from? Click HERE to find out), he's replacing/repairing the roof tiles that were damaged over the winter. Anyway, whilst blogging about I came across this great post at THE BOOK CHOOK - all about using avators to aid children's writing, I couldn't resist having a play on one of the sites mentioned.

BUILD YOUR WILD SELF was fantastic. You took your basic male/female character and then gave it a bit of a wild twist before adding the background of choice.

I couldn't resist giving myself a lions mane which, the site dutifully informs me, I use to attract mates, a fossa's ears which are apparantly a hunters best friend (all the better to hear you with), used to track down my favourite snack of lemurs and the wings of a monarch butterfly which I can flap five times in one second. Oh and then there's my snout that, though I look like a cat, means I'm actually a relative of the mongoose family (that will be on my mother's side) native to the forests of Madagascar. All of which, as if you didn't know, makes me a LIO-OSSA-MONARCH BUTTERFLY.

12 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

That looks brilliant!!! I'm off to have a play!!! Thank you for telling usm about it!!!
xxxx

serendipity_viv said...

I know how you feel. I presently have two strange men making lots of noise in my kitchen. My dishwasher is being replaced - thank god, no more dishes to wash!

chitra said...

I am sure you had lots of fun. I too wish I could do that but lot of pending work.:(

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun site! I'm off to try it....

Richard said...

That was loads of fun: I turned myself into a squidephant (half squid, half elephant). :D

Myne said...

That looks cute and must have been fun to make. I can imagine children having a blast.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I love your mane and ears too, very fetching, Witty Pet!!

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Awesome picture! I've got to try that out.

Tracie said...

Neat! I'm saving the link for my kiddos.

Alexia561 said...

How fun1 I just turned myself into a Hiss-ird-monkey! Always wanted a tail.... ;)

Jenners said...

This looks like so much fun! I love how you came out!

Gina said...

Loving the wild self you created. LOL. Reminds me of the "toys" in Disney's EPCOT that you get to take your picture and then add things, or transform them....I have one where it put my face on that of a kitty...so funny (but no, I won'te be sharing that pic either...). ^_^