Something I've been meaning to do ever since the end of the Christmas festivities, today I thought I'd bring you a post to bring you up to date with some of the happenings at Pen And Paper.
Firstly, on Thursday Christiejolu commented that it was so cold it parts of the US that iguanas were actually falling out of the trees. Imagine then our surprise when yesterday that very story was shown on the BBC news. For video footage of the event click HERE and don't worry we are assured that no iguanas came to any harm due to their bodies being so cold so as to make them comatose.
Next, remember the post in which I was seen lifting a kilt? (No? Never mind, you could always click HERE.) Well, as a result of this David left a comment which stated "If you really are looking for more evidence as to whats worn under a Scotsman's kilt, here is a page on my site that will answer the question." Did I really want more evidence and was I brave enough to find out the answer? Yes to the first question but no to the second so I did what I usually do in such situations and got, not so easy to shock, Husband dearest to pay a visit first. Phew, it was safe to look, nothing too rude, beyond a picture of naked buttocks, on this interesting and informative site of all things kilt so click HERE if you also wish to know the secrets that lie beneath the kilt.
Going even further back, several awards were gratefully received.
My thanks to Nina at J'ADOREHAPPYENDINGS who kindly thought of me and passed on this Happy 101 award. The first condition being I list 10 things that made me happy and, the second, I pass it onto other bloggers.
* When it's announced one of my favourite tv shows (BEING HUMAN for example) is about to start a new series.
* Receiving a letter, not an e-mail but an actual letter.
* Candle light. Is there anything more romantic?
* Seeing our friends in Germany and visiting all those Christmas markets.
* The 4 B's (can I count this as one?) - Books, Balloons, Bubble-wrap (weird I know) and blowing bubbles.
* My blog which means I can witter on to my hearts content without anyone telling me to shut up (or if they do at least I can't hear them).
* Chocolate - need I say more?
* A freshly made bed.
* Having a relatively pain free day.
* Knowing I'm loved warts and all so to speak.
Well that was easy enough so why do I have the feeling the second condition will prove much harder. Oh how can I decide on this one when I have made so many good blogger buddies? No, can't do it so I'd like to offer it to anyone of my followers who cares to display it on their blog.
Thanks also to Christiejolu over at TALES FROM MY HEAD for honouring me with this 2010 award with the condition that I pass it onto 5 other bloggers. (What no listing things about myself or things I like/dislike, etc? What a relief.)
Anyway, the five blogs I'd like to give this to are ..........
* Vivienne at SERENDIPITY - a bloggger I really admire for, amongst other things, her craft work skills. I was especially touched with her CHRISTMAS JOURNAL PART 3 POST.
* SmileyFreak at NOWHERE, OVER&OUT who regularly mentions her little sister in her posts which I find so sweet considering how much my (naughty) little sister and I argued.
* Betty at CUT AND DRY who posts a 'bit of this and a bit of that' with some really fantastic photos thrown in for good measure.
* Molly at LIFE WITH THE CAMPBELLS a lovely, warm woman who, though she generally only posts on a Sunday, often has me laughing at the antics of her family.
And last but by no means least, a new-comer to Pen And Paper,
* Max at TECHNOLUST who made me laugh when he turned up (tongue firmly in cheek I'm sure) asking how he could get a PAPA award only to reappear days later saying that actually he didn't deserve an award unless I gave them out to (and I quote) "the most self-indulgently snot-nosed and facetious". Well I'm afraid I'm fresh out of those particular awards but I would like to offer this for, if nothing else, his honesty and cheek both of which I find strangely endearing.