19 Oct 2009

THE 'NOUGHTIES'.

The Top Ten Bestsellers of the 'Noughties' (2000 - 2009) has just been announced here in the UK.

Music wise, we have the 10 best selling albums as:

1. Back To Bedlum - James Blunt
2. No Angel - Dido
3. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse
4. Wide Ladder - David Gray
5. Life For Rent - Dido
6. The Beatles 1 - The Beatles
7. Spirit - Leona Lewis
8. A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay
9. Hopes And Fears - Keane
10.Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters.

SOURCE: Official UK Chart, courtesy of HMV as quoted in The Guardian.

(Sad to say, not a huge music lover, I haven't got a single one of these albums. In fact if I'd been asked I couldn't have even named any of them.)

Whilst, book wise, we have:

1. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows- JK Rowling
2. Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince - JK Rowling
3. The Tales Of Beedle The Bard - JK Rowling
4. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
5. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer
6. The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
7. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
8. The Book Of General Ignorance (A Quite Interesting Read) - Stephen Fry, John Lloyd and John Mitchinson
9. The Dangerous Book For boys - Conn Iggulden
10.New Moon - Stephenie Meyer.

SOURCE: Amazon as quoted in The Guardian.

(Much better. I've read most of these and have highlighted them in blue. The books I have both read and reviewed being highlighted in red with links to them."Why have they not all been reviewed if you have read them?" I hear you ask. Well, though it is my policy to review every book I read, these were read before I started Pen And Paper.)

4 comments:

Revd. Neal Terry said...

Flaming Hairy Frotter - a triumph of marketing over content.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thanks for sharing the best books list. Would love to read reviews of what you've read.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

hi Swapna, if you click on 'Breaking Dawn' and 'Full Moon' on this post it will take you directly to those reviews. For my other reviews, scrowl down and on the right hand side there is a heading saying 'labels' click on the title 'a (novel) review' and this will take you directly to all my book reviews. Hope this is of some help. Please let me know what you think.

Kelly said...

For me, music ranks right up there with books. However, I'm mostly trapped in the past with music (Classic Rock and Prog Rock). The exceptions to that are Jazz and Contemporary Christian. I do have a few singles from the albums on this list, but no entire albums.

Books: I've read both (all, actually) Stephanie Meyer,The Da Vinci Code and The Time Traveller's Wife.

I'm probably one of the only people on earth that has not read a Harry Potter book OR seen any of the movies. One of my kids and my husband have read and watched all. Maybe someday....