The Top Ten Bestsellers of the 'Noughties' (2000 - 2009) has just been announced here in the UK.
Music wise, we have the 10 best selling albums as:
1. Back To Bedlum - James Blunt
2. No Angel - Dido
3. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse
4. Wide Ladder - David Gray
5. Life For Rent - Dido
6. The Beatles 1 - The Beatles
7. Spirit - Leona Lewis
8. A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay
9. Hopes And Fears - Keane
10.Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters.
SOURCE: Official UK Chart, courtesy of HMV as quoted in The Guardian.
(Sad to say, not a huge music lover, I haven't got a single one of these albums. In fact if I'd been asked I couldn't have even named any of them.)
Whilst, book wise, we have:
1. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows- JK Rowling
2. Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince - JK Rowling
3. The Tales Of Beedle The Bard - JK Rowling
4. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
5. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer
6. The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
7. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
8. The Book Of General Ignorance (A Quite Interesting Read) - Stephen Fry, John Lloyd and John Mitchinson
9. The Dangerous Book For boys - Conn Iggulden
10.New Moon - Stephenie Meyer.
SOURCE: Amazon as quoted in The Guardian.
(Much better. I've read most of these and have highlighted them in blue. The books I have both read and reviewed being highlighted in red with links to them."Why have they not all been reviewed if you have read them?" I hear you ask. Well, though it is my policy to review every book I read, these were read before I started Pen And Paper.)