3 Sept 2009

Writers Gather For Fair.

A literary fair is set to be held on Tyneside for the first time.

Combining a book fair, author and poetry readings, writing workshops and local theatre performances, the North Tyneside Literary Festival will take place in Whitley Bay on October 17th.

Some 15 northern publishers will attend, bringing their best-selling authors to sign copies of their latest books.

Local writers, including Kitty Fitzgerald and Carol Clewlow, will also be on hand to read from their most recent work.

The free festival takes place on Saturday October 17th at St. Paul's Church, Whitley Bay, from 10a.m until 5.30p.m.

For further information, e-mail Linda MacFadyen at events@culturequarter.org.

Source: Evening Chronicle.

4 comments:

chitra said...

Petty Witter.

Visiting book fairs is one my past times. Book fair offers good discount for books.Got really excited when I read about the book fair you have mentioned. But I am miles away. Hope you would give details of the same.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Do't know where you are Chitra but I'll do my best. I'm looking forward to the event - I only hope my health is better by then, fingers crossed.

Leigh Russell said...

I wish I could be there!!! but I'm booked to sign at a Waterstones in central London on 17th October (quite close to home - Tyneside is a trek for me) Maybe next year . . . I hope you're well enough to go and enjoy every minute of it.

chitra said...

Petty witter,
I from India.
Hope you get well soon. take care.