I've just discovered a lovely post, written a few days ago now, on Wounded Bird's blog - entitled 'If a DOG was your teacher', it was sent in by Doug.
Now being more of a cat person myself, I simply had to look at the flip side of the coin and see it from a cat's point of view, so .....
If A Cat Was your Teacher, you'd learn things like;
* Worry about courage, cleanliness and furballs
* Christmas trees are meant to be climbed
* Avoid cleaning your private parts in public places
* Always make sure the lid is down on the toilet before jumping on it
* Look in to people as well as at them
* When depressed or confused, try lying on your back with your legs in the air; sometimes the world just looks better up-side down
* Run and away and hide the moment you hear any group of humans speculating about whether cats always land on their feet
* Surprise the entire household by unrolling all toilet paper at night
* When kneading someone's stomach, stop just short of drawing blood
AND, perhaps most importantly of all
* No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.
Comment:- I must confess, there have been times in my life when, I'm pretty sure, the world would have looked better viewed up-side down - know what I mean? Of course you do.
I should like to point out here that some of these captions actually came from a cartoon book, long since misplaced. However, those highlighted in blue are the observations of either myself or a friend who also happens to adore cats.