14 May 2009

Lament For A Drunken Son.

O where hae ye been, my son, my son?
O where hae ye been, ma bonny young Will?
Aa've been te the club, Aa cud de wi' a sub
For Aa'm bad wi the beor and Aa've had me fill.

where gat ye yor beor, my son , my son?
Where gat ye yor beor, ma bonny young will?
Aah gorrit at Carters, its rotted me garters
And Aa've boozed me way up and doon Westgate Hill.

What gat ye for beor, my son, my son?
What gat ye for beor, hast been on the broon?
Aa've had broon, Aa had ambers in the back at Balmbras,
Aa'm weary o' boozin and fain would lie doon.

What became o' your money, my son, my son?
What became o' your money, my bonny bit gem?
Aa spent it on lasses and glasses o' Basses,
Aa'm weary of boozin and Aa think Aa'll stay hyem.

As sent to me by an old friend from London who wanted to know " What does this translate to in English, please?"

No comments: